Wolf Rock lighthouse lies about 8 miles from Land’s End and is owned by Trinity House. The tower is built upon a rocky pinnacle that is completely obscured at high tide. As with many of the towers access is via helicopter, landing on the helideck at the top of the tower. The modal testing of the tower was undertaken on 18 July 2016 and it is the prime candidate for the long-term STORMLAMP monitoring due to the unbroken Atlantic waves that it encounters. It is one of the larger Trinity House towers at 41 m and was built in 1869.